The St. Francis Fund committee meets over Zoom to discuss the grant applications.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the St. Francis Fund Committee is thrilled to announce awards for the 2020-2021 Fiscal year. As you will remember, the purpose of the St. Francis Fund of Felician Services, Inc., is to provide financial assistance in developing new and positive initiatives to help address unmet or underserved community needs.
After a pleasant and robust conversation via Zoom, the St. Francis Fund Committee recommended awarding $278,475 over nine grants for the FY21 cycle. Congratulations to all the grant awardees!
- Four grants earned second or third-year dollars
- Six of nine grants received full funding
- Five first-year grants received funding
- Combined applications indicate that these St. Francis Fund dollars will serve approximately 6000 people at nine ministries in seven states.
- Dennis Walcyzk (Committee Chair): Board Member; Retired CEO, Catholic Charities Buffalo
- SM Barbara Ann Bosch, CSSF: Board Member; CEO, Felician Services, Inc.
- SM Rosita Brennan, CSSF: Committee Member; OLHP Councilor
- Jack Cashman: Board Chair; Partner, Salutz Law
- Mariita Conley: Committee Member; Retired from public service in the Chicago Mayor’s Office
- SM Elizabeth Imler, OSF: Board Member; VP Mission Integration and Ministry, St. Francis University
- Janet McGuirk: Committee Member; EVP Finance, Felician Services, Inc.
- Mindy Nora: Board Member; Retired from private practice and medical director at Little Sisters of the Poor
- Terry Schweizer: Committee Member; President, Felician Services, Inc.
- Elizabeth Sobczyk: Committee Member; Director of Strategic Alliances, The Gerontological Society of America